Copyright Grant and Statement of Requirements
Last Updated: July 2020
Education Design Lab hereby grants Partner a worldwide, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to exercise the Licensed Rights in the Licensed Material to reproduce the Licensed Material.
Restrictions on Modifying the Licensed Material
- Partner agrees to maintain (and not alter) the key pillars of the Education Design Lab’s 21st century skills digital badging framework, including:
- Badge definition
- Badge competency and value statements
- The four sub-competencies, sub-competency definitions and value statements of each badge
- Learning outcomes that map to the sub-competencies
- Questions/content on personnel assessment and feedback tools, whether proprietary to Education Design Lab or commercially available through partnership agreements with Education Design Lab.
- Partners agree to subscribe to (and not alter) the five key design criteria of workforce-facing badges. They must be:
Attribution of Education Design Lab Material
The Licensed Rights are expressly made subject to the following Attribution conditions. If Partner share’s the Licensed Material (including in modified form), Partner must identify Education Design Lab as the creator, and provide sufficient copyright notice, including the following exemplary format: © Education Design Labs 2019.
Marketing and Press Releases
Partner may promote its working relationship with Education Design Lab regarding the Badge program in marketing materials, press releases or the press. Partner will seek and obtain written permission from Education Design Lab before promoting its working relationship with Education Design Lab and the Badge program in marketing materials, press releases or the press.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
LICENSOR OFFERS THE LICENSED MATERIAL AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE LICENSED MATERIAL, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHER. THIS INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OR ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT KNOWN OR DISCOVERABLE.
TO THE EXTENT POSSIBLE, IN NO EVENT WILL THE LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR USE OF THE LICENSED MATERIAL, EVEN IF THE LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, OR DAMAGES.