Last Updated: October 19, 2021
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information that you provide to us. Specifically, we may collect:
- Your name;
- Your student ID/faculty ID number;
- Contact information (such as your address, phone number, and email address);
- Financial information (such as your credit card number and billing address);
- Information on assignments and assessments of student work as well as interactions between faculty and students;
- Information on which content from our Website and/or Platform you utilize, and the time spent on such content;
- Information about whether an assignment was completed or not, assessment results, and whether or not a credential was awarded;
- Information about your engagement with the Website and Platform; and
- Any other information you choose to provide.
We may collect personal information that your school provides to us, such as:
- Your name;
- Your student ID/faculty ID number; and
- Contact information (such as your address, phone number, and email address).
The Website and Platform may also collect some non-personal information about you automatically, such as:
- Your IP address and geographic location;
- The date and time you access our Website;
- The URLs of websites and pages you visit; and
- Hardware and software information that we receive from your internet-enabled device.
Why do we collect, store, and process your information?
Your information may be collected to allow us to:
- Answer your questions;
- Send you important notices such as account or order information or changes to our policies;
- Deliver products or services that you request;
- Maintain records of your assignments, assessments, and credentials;
- Help your school assess your interaction with, and progress in, our Platform;
- Personalize your access to the Services;
- Analyze errors and improve the operation of the Platform and the Website;
- Prepare statistics about the use of the Platform and the Website; and
- Keep the Platform, Website, its users, and systems connected to the Platform or Website secure.
How we protect your information
When and how we share your information with others
Education Design Lab will not share your personal information with third parties except:
- Your school and its faculty and staff, if you are a student;
- Your students, your school and its faculty and staff, if you are faculty or staff of a school;
- Our technology partners and other third parties when Education Design Lab, in its good-faith judgment, determines it needs to provide your information in order to deliver the Services you requested;
- If part or all the ownership of Education Design Lab is sold or transferred, your information may be transferred to the new owner;
- When disclosure is required by law, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of personnel of Education Design Lab, or members of the public; and
- Where you have given your express consent.
How long do we keep your information?
We may keep your information on file for the maximum period allowed by law, or indefinitely if there is no such period. If you are in the EU or the UK, you have a right to, among other things, request that we delete your personal data.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Educational Design Lab is dedicated to fully complying with its obligations under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”). FERPA authorizes educational institutions to disclose personally identifiable information (“PII”) from student education records under certain conditions. In its role as a contractor to educational institutions, Education Design Lab may receive disclosures from educational institutions including PII contained in student records. When Education Design Lab receives such a disclosure, its use and maintenance of the records is under the direct control of the educational institution that made the disclosure and is subject to the same regulations on use and redisclosure of PII from education records that govern all school officials. Education Design Lab’s employee’s and agents use the PII from education records only for the purposes for which Education Design Lab obtained the information from the educational institutions. Education Design Lab will not redisclose PII without consent unless the educational institution has authorized the redisclosure under a FERPA exception and the educational institution records the subsequent disclosure.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Parents have a right to review the information we have collected about their children, to delete it, and to tell us to stop using it. To exercise these rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to authenticate yourself as the child’s parent to receive information about that child. Copies of information may remain in cached or archived form on our systems after you request us to delete it. Please note that if you ask us to stop collecting personal information from your child, your child will not be able to use our Services. If a parent directs us to stop collecting and using a child’s personal information, we must disable the child’s use of our Platform and Website to ensure that no information is collected.
This Website and the Platform are hosted on web servers in the United States. Your provision of personal information or access to our Website or Platform constitutes your transfer of such data to the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide a level of data protection equivalent to the laws in your home country.
Your GDPR personal data privacy rights
If you accessed the Website from the European Union or the United Kingdom, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal data;
- Request corrections to your personal data;
- Request that we delete your personal data;
- Withdraw your consent for collection and processing of your personal data; and
- File a complaint with the data protection authorities in your home country if you believe your personal data privacy rights were violated.
To file a request, or if you have any questions, please contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com
Information transmitted over the Internet is not secure
Education Design Lab cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of information that you send to us over the Internet. If you choose to send information to us over the Internet, including by email or contact form, you do so at your own risk.
Links to other websites
The Platform and the Website may contain links to websites that are not controlled by Education Design Lab (“Linked Websites”). Education Design Lab accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the content or policies of Linked Websites. Your use of Linked Websites is at your own risk and subject to the policies of the Linked Websites.
1200 18th St NW #710,
Washington, DC 20036